Roșia Montană, 21. September 2015 - Bacău Court of Justice admitted on 09.16.2015 the claims of Alburnus Maior, the Independent Centre for the Development of Environmental Resources and Salvați Bucureștiul associations for suspending the legal effects of the environmental permit of the Zonal Urban Plan - industrial development area Roșia Montană (PUZ). The environmental approval was issued by the regional Environmental Protection Agency Sibiu (ARPM Sibiu) in March 2011.
6. August 2015 - Canadian investors have exploited a controversial mechanism in international investment treaties to challenge public interest regulations in 24 different countries, according to a study released today by the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives (CCPA).
21. July 2015 - This is the date when the locals of Roșia Montană obtained a subtle confirmation that their village is saved from the destruction of Gabriel Resources. The company admitted yesterday in a press release that they have lost hope in ever mining Europe’s largest gold deposit. At the same time Gabriel Resources announced the submission of a Request for Arbitration at the World Bank's International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes.
6. April 2015 – A new edition, the sixth, of the Save Roşia Montană Campaign’s publication gets to the households and villages of local people in Apuseni Mountains (the “moți”). This issue brings to the foreground the corruption in the mining sector - the assumed and the demonstrated corruption - with Roșia Montană and Certej mining projects as the main case studies.
6. April 2015 – A new edition, the sixth, of the Save Roşia Montană Campaign’s publication gets to the households and villages of local people in Apuseni Mountains (the “moti”). This issue brings to the foreground the corruption in the mining sector - the assumed and the demonstrated corruption - with Roşia Montană and Certej mining projects as the main case studies.
25. February 2015 - Alburnus Maior together with București Association are pleased to announce the tourist offer “Visit Roșia Montană - 2015" and to invite supporters of the Save Roșia Montană Campaign to spend their May Day holiday (1 – 4 May) in this place in the Apuseni Mountains. Local people in Roșia Montană will welcome those willing to spend four days of trekking and fun - participants will be accommodated at agro-tourism guest houses opened by the locals who believe in alternatives to cyanide mining.
12. February 2015 - ”Máxima, somos cada vez más personas para quienes la vida no está a la venta y la libertad no tiene precio. Aunque nos separan miles de kilómetros, creemos que la solidaridad no debe tener fronteras y juntos somos las cadenas que mantienen las montañas en su lugar: de Perú a Rumanía, de Grecia a España, ¡donde quiera que la injusticia aplaste la democracia y los derechos humanos!”
Eugen David, Presidente de la Asociacion Alburnus Maior, Rosia Montana, Rumanía
10. February 2015 - 51% US-owned Yanacocha mining company is continuing its attempt to intimidate Maxima Acuña, a strong opponent of the company’s gold mine in Northern Peru, by destroying her home.
Bucharest, 4. February 2015 – On Friday, 6 February 2015 Rosia Montana celebrates 1884 years since its first documented evidence. Alburnus Maior, the Latin name of Rosia Montana, was mentioned for the first time on the wooden wax tablet no. XVIII found in the local mines and dated 6 February 131. On this occasion, Save Rosia Montana Campaign organizes the fifth edition of Rosia Montana’s Anniversary in more than 20 cities in Romania and internationally.